With E-Sign technology, North Peace Savings members can sign documents from anywhere with an internet connection. In addition to saving paper and postage, we will be delivering service, where when and how a member wants! Keep reading to find out more information about how the E-Sign live will be an added convenience to your everyday banking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tell me how North Peace Savings is providing the ability to electronically sign documents
We have partnered with eSignLive, the world wide leading provider of electronic signature technology to keep things simple and easy for our members.
What type of documents can I sign electronically?
Currently, the option to use electronic signatures is available for:
- New and renewing mortgages
- Loans and lines of credit
- Amendments or alterations to any existing mortgages or loans
How secure is the electronic signature process?
We are committed to providing a secure electronic signature system for your banking experience. With state of the art technology paired with the latest 256-b it SSL encryption, your documents will be protected with the highest level of security.
What are the electronic signature system requirements?
What is involved with the electronic signature process?
The entire process should be quick and simple!
- First, a confidential, one time individual password or a secret question/answer will be provided to you by your North Peace Savings financial consultant
- Next, you will receive an email inviting you to electronically sign the documents by clicking a link provided within the email message
- You will be asked to enter the password you were provided - this is used to verify your identity in the e-signature system
- Next, you will be prompted to review our e-signature disclaimer
If you accept the terms of the disclaimer, your documents will be presented for your review and signature
- The locations on the document which require your signature will be easily identified, and you will ‘sign’ by simply clicking on the noted areas
- That’s it! You’ll receive an email with a link to your completed documents – please download them at your earliest convenience
- Your electronic documents will also be available on your online banking under “My Accounts” and “View Documents”.
How long does the electronic signature process take?
The complete process will take anywhere between five and ten minutes – it depends how many documents need your electronic signature!
Are there any legal differences between an electronic signature versus a hand written signature?
There is no legal difference between the two and your eSignature is applicable under Canadian Law. This is supported by Bill 13 – 2001 Electronic Transactions Act, Uniform Electronic Commerce Act, Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (2000, c. 5), and Secure Electronic Signature Regulations (SOR/2005-30) (Enabling Statute: Canada Evidence Act (R.S., 1985, c. C-5).
Who do I contact if I have questions during the electronic signature process or am looking for more information?
If you have any questions about the documents that you are signing, please contact your financial consultant or call 1.877.787.0361